Title: Development Director
Join our Team! The Arc of Larimer County is hiring a full-time Development Director. Interested parties should apply by emailing a cover letter addressed to Rita Hinds and a resume to email@example.com. Please send your cover letter and resume as attachments.
Title: Development Director
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Hourly, Full Time
Salary: $45,000.00 annually (DOE)
Date Posted: March 18, 2020
Posting Ends: April 17th, 2020
This position will work collaboratively with the other staff members to continuously strengthen and improve the effectiveness of this chapter. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of The Arc of Larimer County’s fundraising and membership activities including, major gifts, Colorado Gives, planned giving, and special events.
Serve as Funding Development Team Leader
Create and Implement 3-year organizational development plan:
- Manage comprehensive donor cultivation calendar and creation of individual cultivation plans
- Cultivation of major donors and in-kind and corporate sponsors via in-person visits, phone calls and special touches. Coordinate and make asks as planned with Executive Director and team.
- Oversee annual Ask Event. Work with videographer, testimonial speakers and pitch person to develop and rehearse compelling speeches that represent the work of The Arc of Larimer County. Help with event logistics, theme incorporation and the recruiting and training of table Captains.
- Assist and prepare Executive Director for major gifts and personal cultivation visits
- Coordinate all post-event thank you calls and donation acknowledgements
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, develop and maintain relationships with appropriate individuals, organizations, businesses, and educational institutions in Northern Colorado
- Administrative operations of development and membership, including member and donor cultivation and stewardship activities, gift processing, and donor and member acknowledgment, and donor and member database management. This position will also be responsible for planning and implementing one fundraising event per year.
- Manages membership list and renewals to members for The Arc of Larimer County
- Prepares and maintains project materials, plans, accurate records, and regularly reports on the progress of projects
- Conduct outreach and present information about The Arc of Larimer County to actively build community and family involvement, create and maintain community partnerships and disseminate information.
Serves as lead staff member for obtaining and managing grants less than $10,000
- Conduct research for potential grant opportunities less than $10,000
- In collaboration with other staff, develop grant applications and write interim and final grant reports
- Track progress and ensure compliance with awarded grants
Colorado Gives Day:
- Ensure that The Arc of Larimer County’s annual profile on Coloradogives.org website is updated and accurate
- In collaboration with the Communications Coordinator, create an annual marketing campaign to solicit and rally donations for the 24 hour period
- Coordinate all post-CGD thank you calls and recognition
Community Relations/ PR:
Attend local agency fairs and speaking engagements on behalf of The Arc of Larimer County as needed, in coordination with The Arc of Larimer County team
- Attend special events as needed to thank and receive grants on behalf of The Arc of Larimer County
- Maintain a strong presence in our community among both donors to The Arc of Larimer County and local agencies and affiliations by attending relevant networking and fundraising events
- On special occasion, work with local media outlets for opportunities to feature a unique story in collaboration with Communications Coordinator
- Work with Donor Database system to review/update donor information and pull reports as needed
- Communicate frequently with entire team
- Gather Testimonials
Performs general clerical duties: answers telephone, receive and direct visitors, handle general requests for information, prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports and e-mails as directed.
- Attend Meetings
- Prepare reports as necessary
- Attend annual Board of Directors and Staff Retreat
- Create Event Flyers in coordination with the Communications Coordinator and brand standards
- Coordinate with other staff to enlist volunteers as needed
- Other Duties as Assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED. BA or BS Degree preferred
- Establish and maintain working relationships with people with I/DD, their families, professionals, the general public, and other community partners
- Maintain positive, professional demeanor
- Adaptable and able to navigate change
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Verbal and Written fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, including public speaking
- Ability to manage conflict and remain calm and professional under pressure
- Able to self-motivate and hold self and others accountable
- Ability to work and problem solve both collaboratively and independently with good judgment about when to seek direction
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and other software as necessary
- Valid Colorado driver’s license
- Reliable vehicle and current automobile insurance coverage.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment. It requires the routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to verbally communicate. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit at a desk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee also must be able to on occasion move 30 pounds (e.g., props, training materials, etc.) when necessary to set-up for training/events whether onsite or offsite. The Arc of Larimer County offers a competitive salary, contingent on experience and qualifications and an excellent benefit package. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, or national origin.
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Duties, responsibilities or qualifications may change at any time with or without notice.