The Arc of Larimer County promotes and protects the civil rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities through individual and systemic advocacy and education, which fosters an inclusive community that embraces people throughout their lifetime to be included in every aspect of community life.
The Arc of Larimer County’s vision is that people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families are embraced by their community to be included in every aspect of community life as valued, contributing, successful, and equal members of society.
Children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities:
- Will make their own life choices
- Will have their voices heard and respected
- Can obtain integrated community employment that pays at or above minimum wage
- Will access an inclusive education
- Can participate in inclusive community wide social and recreational opportunities
- Can participate in inclusive religious and spiritual communities
- Will live and thrive in our communities
- Will obtain the education and tools to make informed choices