The Arc of Larimer County provides free advocacy services throughout the lifetime of an individual living with an intellectual and/or developmental disability. We support both the individual with the disability and/or their family/guardians.
Individual Advocacy Services Offered:
- Provide information regarding disability determination eligibility & options for evaluations
- Listen to individuals with I/DD and their families to understand their wishes, needs, and goals.
- Help individuals with I/DD and their families navigate laws, rules, and regulations that govern services for adults and children
- Assistance with SSI, Medicaid, Long Term Care, Early Intervention, and Vocational Rehabilitation
- Protect the human and civil rights of individuals living with I/DD
- Facilitate conflict resolution
- Attend IEPs, Service Planning, and other meetings to provide support
- Help determine services available for individuals with I/DD and assist them and their family/guardian in accessing services
- Assist individuals with I/DD and their families with follow up to assure they are receiving appropriate services
What to expect after requesting advocacy:
- Our Director of Advocacy will review your submission and then assign it to one of our Advocacy Specialists. You should expect to hear from us within one week of your submission.
- Our advocates typically try to make the first contact via email, to gather more information and/or to schedule an intake time. Please make sure you are checking your email frequently.
- Due to the number of referrals we receive, we will make three email/phone attempts at contacting you before we close out your referral. You may re-open your referral at any time by resubmitting this form.
Please Note: Individual Advocacy Services are by appointment only.
*If you are unable to fill out the form, please call 970-204-6991.
*Please note that we are not a crisis center. If you are experiencing a medical or behavioral health emergency, please contact the Colorado Crisis Line at (844) 493-8255, the SummitStone Health Partners Crisis Center is open 24-7. Call (970) 494-4200 to speak to someone now.
*If you or the person with a disability does not live in Larimer County, please click here to find your local branch of The Arc.