The Arc of Larimer County provides free advocacy services throughout the lifetime of an individual living with an intellectual and/or developmental disability. We support both the individual with the disability and/or their family/guardians.
Individual Advocacy Services Offered:
- Provide information regarding disability determination eligibility & options for evaluations
- Listen to individuals with I/DD and their families to understand their wishes, needs, and goals.
- Help individuals with I/DD and their families navigate laws, rules, and regulations that govern services for adults and children
- Assistance with SSI, Medicaid, Long Term Care, Early Intervention, and Vocational Rehabilitation
- Protect the human and civil rights of individuals living with I/DD
- Facilitate conflict resolution
- Attend IEPs, Service Planning, and other meetings to provide support
- Help determine services available for individuals with I/DD and assist them and their family/guardian in accessing services
- Assist individuals with I/DD and their families with follow up to assure they are receiving appropriate services
*If you are unable to fill out the form, please call 970-204-6991.
*Please note that we are not a crisis center. If you are experiencing a medical or behavioral health emergency, please contact the Colorado Crisis Line at (844) 493-8255, the SummitStone Health Partners Crisis Center is open 24-7. Call (970) 494-4200 to speak to someone now.
*We currently have a waitlist for advocacy services. Initial intakes may take up to two weeks for a response.
*If you or the person with a disability does not live in Larimer County, please click here to find your local branch of The Arc.